Monday, January 19, 2009

Was it really that cold this weekend?

It was and nonetheless, I went to see the BIGGIE movie anyways. I endured the crowds of young people talking through the movie, packed movie theater...oh yes...and the contact high -which quite frankly, gave me a damn headache. And all in all to tell you the truth I think this movie was BET worthy. Had it debuted on BET, I would have been a satisfied customer and thought it was a great production for a made for TV/BET movie. Although I wouldn't call myself an unsatisfied customer, only because the trailer doesn't exactly show the movie will be poignant or amazing, it really wasn't as great as it should have been. Considering the people backing the movie and all, it was disappointing.

BUT to make the cold movie weekend worth it...I caught the UNBORN which was good, scary and creepy. GO SEE IT! You know a scary movie is good when you go see it at 34th street on a Saturday night full of kids and they don't crack on all the scary parts, or talk through it and actually scream, get scared and even clap at the end of the flick.

And to hibernate on the last day of the weekend with a GREAT movie...Ip Man with Donnie Yen, the adapted story of one of the GREATEST Kung Fu master's in history. Don't watch this with your parents if you're Chinese or another ethnicity that was invaded by the Japanese though...it brings back bad sentiments... :X




And finally, friends and lovers, a Maya Azucena video directed by my friend, Seth Kushner.


Get It Together from Corey Leavitt on Vimeo.

No comments: